HOW WE READ

    Reading is supposed to be fun, but sometimes reading for school is a challenge. Here are four ways we can have more fun reading and do it better at the same time.  The first way is reading books you are genuinely interested in because I have noticed in myself that when I do things that I want to do (difficult or "tedious" things) I don't see it as a chore or an obstacle but rather see it no differently than that video game that everyone is trying to beat and I know that I'm not the only one that feels that way about things THEY want to do. The second way is to read books that you don't think you'll like and expand your palette that way even if you don't like the reading you at least know what differentiates it from the books you like and you can pinpoint why and the byproduct of that is that you'll be better equipped to articulate your reasons and evidence. The third way is to change your perception of the word read  because we as students have become to despite that word and I have only just began to understand what it is to truly read which is the ability to pull meaning out of what is not written on the pages which brings us to the last point. The final way is to stop that habit of skimming through the pages again to find the answers to the questions but instead to find the answer in your mind that you unknowingly have and that just needs to be unlocked.

Comments

Popular Posts