LES MIS CH 4

 Chapter 4 of Les Mis is by far my favorite so far which is kind of weird because it's about death. The Bishop's ability to see both sides of the story and find compassion or maybe even just the time to conversate with a man who is condemned to death for being a murderer makes you wonder if this is how the author felt as well. It can clearly be seen that once that guillotine finished its job the Bishop was in a blank state, as if he all of sudden didn't exist. It was days later when he contemplated the actions of that day and whether mankind had any business meddling with that which they do not understand. The Bishops seems to have been against the death penalty and I think that opinion reflects on the where the author stands which is against the death penalty. As of right now I agree with the Bishop but to me the subject seems so black and white and it makes me wonder why it is so controversial and whether I should be for it, as opposed to against it. 

Comments

Popular Posts